Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hope my Lay-dar is working this weekend

Welp, it's official. Almost. I have 2 dates this weekend. Hanging with Adam on Friday and just firming up details like where & when with Cameron for Saturday. Yikes! 2 dates in 2 days? And slap a wedding on the end of that and who knows, I might meet a potential 3rd date by the end of the weekend! I really need to give props to the girls over at WTF is up with my Love Life because they definitely got it right when they put a name to what most single ladies consider their dating life balancing act (the Gaggle). You might remember me referencing Jess & Becky back in June and their belief that we live in a post-dating world. Well they're also the inventors of the Gaggle. Yes, the gaggle is that group of guys that you constantly have circling your love life. You're not in full-fledged relationships with any of them because - hello slut - but they're all guys that you've entertained the idea of dating/sleeping with to some degree. And there are 10 different types of guys who make up this Gaggle:

  • There's that guy who makes you feel absolutely amazing about yourself and you life. You can always call him when you've had a rough day or date and he'll make you feel infinitely better.
  • There's that gorgeous guy at the gym that you'd like to "work out" but you could really care less about getting to know him, you just want him to get to know your lady parts.
  • There's the guy who isn't actually available (read: has a gf) but he's someone you totally click with and go to dinner with every month or so...and not that you would ever home-wreck a relationship but if he was actually single...ya never know.
  • There's the guy who you used to date, that maybe still hangs around - as friends of course. He knows you really well and there are some things that you simply cant talk about with anyone but him because you were so close with him.
  • There's the super horny guy that you flirt with at the bar every time you see him and he'll make you want to shout bon jovi lyrics at the top of your lungs...and he might cause you to make a naughty decision or two.
  • There's that guy you work with or network with that always gives you the scoop on what's up and coming with work. He respects you and wants to help you move your way to the top with him in tow - and if a little office romance conspires, so be it.
  • There's the guy that all your friends and your mother think that you should date but you're simply not sure if he's someone you're interested in. You know he's a great guy but for whatever reason, you can't wrap your head (or see yourself wrapping your body) around him.
  • There's that guy that is the male equivalent to a trophy wife. You'll impress your friends if you bring him around because he's either SO smart, SO funny, SO gorgeous, or SO talented. He is the perfect accessory to that already perfect outfit you're wearing to dinner.
  • There's the as-far-as-you-can-tell perfect guy that you want to date. He's bring-home-to-mom material and you could see yourself in a relationship with him but the DTR has yet to come.
  • And unfortunately, there's the guy who just blew you off. The one that you thought things were going really well with, but he dropped off the face of the earth after hanging out for a month.
Again, props to Jess & Becky at WTF!? because they hit the nail on the head. We all have known every one of these guys at some point in our life. They're all they type of guy that we'll spend that extra 5 minutes getting ready for when we're going out and know we'll run into them. They're all the type of guy that we overanalyze the text messages from because somewhere in the back of our mind, we wonder if he could be a romantic prospect in some way. And that's because they are. They're in our gaggle. According to Becky & Jess, It's doubtful that any woman would have all 10 types of guys in their gaggle at the same time, but most single women have at least a few going on at once.

And that, is where I'm finding myself today. Adam and Cameron are both about to enter my gaggle after this weekend and I couldn't be more thrilled. But there's always that little bit of worry when you go on a date with someone - what are they REALLY interested in. I know, I know, guys are always interested in sex - I get it. But when you hit it off with someone and you think MAYBE this could be more than just a fling, it could turn into an actual relationship - then you don't want to rush it right? Because rushing it always ruins it. So I definitely need to have my lay-dar up this weekend. It's date number 2 for Adam - and date number 2 can be tricky - I think I'll know for sure whether I want to take things futher with him after tomorrow's date. What I'm trying to avoid in this new-dating-world is falling into the same old shit that made me unhappy with my previous relationships. Hooking up too soon. But I know after a certain number of dates there's an expectation. I just need to feel out Adam's Lay-dar and see if he's willing to take it a little slow with me or if he's only interested in one thing. We shall see! And then there's Cameron...who I'm pretty sure will only be more attracted to once I meet him in person. Something tells me that he's going to be harder to resist than Adam.

Anyway, wish me luck with keeping my pants on this weekend! I might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment