Thursday, August 19, 2010

At it again

So last week I decided that I was going to run another half marathon and I signed up for the Thanksgiving Day Half through the Atlanta Track Club. I probably should have touched on this last week but with the blog make-over and the dates I just had too many other things on my mind, but it didn't stop me from signing up for the low price of $48.48! So yeah, I've started running again (twice this week!). And you better believe I'm going at this with full force. Deep down, I really am a runner - and I love it! But dammit if my knee won't NOT cause me problems again. Seriously, it hurts to walk down stairs because when I step down with my right leg, my left knee bends kind of back and pain shoots up my left leg. It's not fun. Yesterday during my 3 mile run I could tell that it was giving me problems but I powered on because I really wanted to hit that 3 mile mark. I was wearing my jumpers knee strap but as soon as I slowed it down for my "cool down" my knee was in more pain than when I was running. Why oh why did I have to jack up my ankle last year and ultimately weaken my knee in the process!?

It's quite frustrating. But I guess I just gotta power through right? I mean, I guess I could go see a doctor but what's the fun in that? And it's not unbearable to walk on after I rest it, it's just mainly stairs that give me problems. Anyway, I'm hoping to not only finish this race without stopping and walking, but I also want to beat my time by a few minutes. Last time was 1:57:11, I think I can do it in 1:53. And the best thing about THIS race - it's Thanksgiving morning, so my body will be craving carbs and protein and liquids, all of which are abundant on turkey-day. You all remember how much I love Thanksgiving right? Oh, it's my favorite holiday. Sometimes I dream a la Seth Cohen, about Thanksgiving and eating so much deliciousness that I pass out at the table. Whether that's from boozing or from the tryptophan, who knows...

One slight change from this year's thanksgiving though, will be that I likely won't get schwasty with my old high school friends on Wednesday night, like I have in the past. Nope, this year I'll be loading up on spaghetti the night before and hittin the hay early. Or maybe I will go out, get shmammered and struggle through the race, puking every mile. Time will only tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment