Monday, August 16, 2010

True Life: I'm a PC

Ok, it's time that I be 100% honest about something...in case you haven't already guessed from the work of art that IS my blog header...I'm a PC. There, I said it. Wow, that feels like such a relief to get it out there! I don't have to hide anymore! Whew!

Yes I'm well aware that owning a PC automatically makes me lame to Mac users, and truthfully I whole-heartedly agree with you in most all cases. PC's were BUILT for programs like excel and access and word and power point. Macs were built for fun that just so happens to also coincide with hard work (primarily for designers of all kinds and "creative types"). I know that macs are so much cooler than PCs, but the truth is...I've operated on a PC for as long as I can remember, and thanks to my financial growing pains, I will remain a PC user until further notice. That being said...I am pretty damn proud of my finger-painting masterpiece at the top of the page.
It took me about the entire fucking day an hour to find the photos, load them in Microsoft Paint, crop via the "free-form select" tool and paste together into one all-encompassing photo of a BLONDE HOT MESS. Individually, the women I used for this mash-up are strikingly beautiful (especially when airbrushed) but when mashed up together, like so, it's not so pretty. Which, is kind of like my life. There are parts of me that are well-put-together, look great on paper, and to the average parental-age adult, I look like I've got it all figured out. I can be polite and kind and smart and smile just right for that photo. But those of you who actually know the REAL me, know that I don't have it all together. I fall to pieces sometimes. I might drink enough to drown a fish one night and thus stumble out of my stiletto and bust my knee. I have no idea what I'm going to end up doing with my life. And I certainly haven't found my niche yet. Thus, the best way I know how to describe myself, is a Blonde Hot Mess.

So make fun of me being a PC user...I don't really give a damn. Just stick with me  long enough for me to figure out my life and buy myself a Mac.

1 comment: