Friday, October 1, 2010

My love life is like a box of chocolates

Tis true. You really never know what you're gonna get.

Thank you Forrest Gump. Wise words my friend. Wise words.

For those of you who've been keeping up with my e-dating disasters, you may be wondering why I haven't touched on this subject in almost a month. Welp, you've been patient long enough and I suppose it's about time that I fill you in on my newest dating endeavor.

But first, if you'll remember, we had Jeff, Jim, Adam, Cameron, and who could forget my romeos who were so eloquent behind their pens/keyboards. Each had their own little quirks, and to be honest, Adam and Cameron were the only two who stood any sort of chance in my book. They were both attractive, funny AND sweet - and both took me on pretty great dates. However, nothing earth shattering really came about from any of those interactions. Which is fine! This whole thing started out as an experiment anyway so I can't be too disappointed when it turns out that the man of my dreams is not sitting behind a computer trying to find me. I get it. But there is ONE guy that I haven't blogged about at all. Partially because I met him right before I went on vacation, and partially because I am a little bit afraid to jinx it. I have a theory, that if I start talking about a guy that I've started seeing and I go into too much detail and he seems to be the center of my conversation with my girlfriends and on this blog, that the sizzle fades too quickly. He or I will lose interest and I'll be back to square one. I really don't want that to happen with this guy though so I've held off until now.

I started giving some thought to my blog last week when I got back from the Grand Canyon and I thought, I wonder if Chandler would actually get a kick out of some of my writing or if perhaps it's too revealing. (Because of course, he knows that I like to write and want to be a comedy writer one day...if I can ever get my act together and put together a sketch or a script one of these days) And that's when it kind of hit me, I really kinda like this guy. Usually, I don't give a shit who reads the blog (aside from my parents because the subject matter and the cursing might give my mother an aneurysm), but I began to worry - what if he somehow stumbled upon it? Would he be impressed? Or would he think it was lame? Or would he learn something about me that he doesn't like? Am I being totally paranoid? Shit. Do I have to clean up the blog now in order to share it with him? Should I even share it with him? Should I just delete the whole thing completely from the blogosphere and just save my entries on my PC and never make them public again? What do I DO????

Well, I'll tell you what I did. I reviewed my old tweets and deleted any and all that linked to this blog. I removed the URL from my profile and I googled myself to find out if there's any way he could stumble upon this blog without someone outwardly giving him the URL. And I suppose it's silly to have done that because, you know, he should take me as I am because if he doesn't like me as I am then he's not worth it or some bullshit like that. But I can't help beings self-conscious of my writing when the person who could be reading it used to be a copy-writer himself. It makes me nervous. I do this as a creative outlet for myself but I feel like he might look at my blog as child's play. I feel like Billy Walsh in Entourage - I'm not ready for anyone to see my work. Am I crazy? Maybe so. But I think all it means is I have a crush. Yep, I'm willing to admit it. And I have a crush on a guy who is not like anyone else I've ever dated. Which is kind of awesome. And by kind of, I mean REALLY.

But I'm not going to go into deets about him - because I've probably already said too much and will ultimately jinx myself for doing so. But I will say this: I've been on 4 amazing dates with this guy and, not to toot my own horn or anything but, I'm pretty sure there will be a fifth. Fuck. I probably just jinxed it. Does putting it into the blogosphere automatically screw me over? I hope not. Here's a positive karmic vibe to send out - I haven't been on match since I met him. That's gotta count for something, right?

Now don't get me wrong, I have received messages, but I've simply left them in my email box and have yet to respond. Partially because there's nothing really piquing my interest in their emails (they're very generic, "Hey how are you? you're profile is interesting! Let's chat!" emails, and I'm kind of over that. Put some effort in if you actually want me to respond!), and partially because I'm not as enthralled with the online world since I've met someone pretty who's pretty cool. Chandler definitely caught my interest because of his email content and his profile. Anyone who can reference the best Adam Sandler movie ever gets an A++ in my book.

In other quick news WTFisupwithmydatinglife is going on TOUR! So Life in Shambles & I have reached out to them to come to Atlanta. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be used as part of their content for their book/movie/etc. Interested in being a part of it too? Do you have a gaggle? Of course you do! Have you ever wondered if that dinner you just went to was just as friends or was it supposed to be a date? Then WTF wants to hear from you too! More deets next week so check back! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment