Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back in the saddle...

Well, not quite "the saddle" per se. But yes...I'm going on another "blind" date tonight. Since Chandler pulled the slow fade and I've heard nothing but radio silence for 2 weeks now, I've decided that I'm ready for a new dating prospect. I've purged myself of Chandler and my wishful thinking that his phone just died or some other lame excuse - he is no more and I'm over it.

So instead, I'm going to meet Will tonight. I really don't know much about him yet except that he's a band teacher and has a passion for music (Will Shuster anyone? Glee? I know Glee Club isn't the same as band but level with me here). Now I never took band in high school or anything but I do have a passion for music. I'm just hoping he doesn't reek of band-geekiness.

He seems sweet enough and has a good sense of humor - at least via email. I'm hoping that turning on this e-dating thing again will be a good thing for me but as I mentioned in earlier posts, once my subscription expires, that's it for me. So I guess I'm just trying to make the most of it that I can in these last few days. Yep, my subscription ends at the end of the week, I discovered. And there are 2 other prospects on my list that I'm hoping move things out of the virtual world and into reality before Friday.

After that, I'm washing my hands of the online thing and going back to reality. I actually met several cute guys this weekend so I just have to remind myself to start surrounding myself with people I don't normally spend all of my time with - I WILL network that way.

But I digress. So tonight: dinner and drinks at a fun little spot and then, I get to come home and continue working on my halloween costume while catching up on Glee. Holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment