Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love/Hate Relationship with my Life Right Now

Overall I'd say that the last few days have been pretty great. Filled with fun, work hasn't been stressing me out too much and I drank like a fish this weekend without feeling too much of the wrath of a hangover on Saturday or Sunday. But on my drive to work this morning I felt a little bi-polar (that's not really the word I'm going with but just go with it) because I was generally not too thrilled about waking up this morning but then I had a few things go just right during my morning commute so it got me to thinking about what I'm loving right now and what I'm hating. So, here goes:

Things I'm loving:
  • The new Metric song "Gold, Guns, Girls". So far there isn't anything that Metric has put out on the radio that I haven't liked. I don't think they really know how to go wrong (IMO). But this new song is awesome! It's talking about how you can give someone everything he wants and he's still not satisfied. Which has kind of been my experience with men over the last several years. Not all men, by any means but you always know those people who are never satisfied no matter what you do. Anyway, it's got a catchy beat and what can I say, I rather enjoyed hearing that on my way to work. Not really sure what you'd classify that song as either - alternative, rock, a little indie maybe? I dont know.
  • My morning coffee. Vanilla Hazelnut from Einsteins. It simply doesn't get any better than this. And I'm still enjoying it as I write this.
  • My friend Andy of work-out-partner fame has told me that I should be a comedy writer and/or do some improv. This is exciting because it means that maybe, just maybe my blog is actually entertaining some of my readers. God I hope that's the case because I would love nothing more than to bring some sunshine to your day when you read my blog. I'm sorry I've been a Debbie Downer in the last couple of posts but I appreciate you sticking with me when I have my off days.
  • How I Met Your Mother. You all already know how much of a Barney Stinson fan I am - this is not new news. But I gotta say that this is something I continue to love on a daily basis. Did anyone see the CBS spot during the Superbowl? Call Barney Stinson? Genious! And I almost called him. But not really. Because the truth is Barney is a fictional character of which the actor who plays him is gay (which shattered PCBH's world on Sunday night - yeah she had no clue that NPH was gay. I guess if I had just found that out my world would be shattered too but I've known that little Doogie Howser was batting for the other team for a while now). Anyway, this show continues to brighten my life in so many ways. I mean it never disappoints. Ever. And even when I watch the old ones over again I still laugh every time Barney says "Haaaave you met Ted?" (or some variation of that), "Suit up!" "Legen - wait for it - DARY!" or when he comes up with some Awesome new law that only exists in Barney's world until he unleashes it to the world (Lemon Law, The Bro Code, Ratio of Hot to Crazy and many others). Generally Barney is hilarious and I love every minute of his awesomeness.
Things I'm hating:
  • This weather. It is absolutely FREEZING outside and I am so sick of it. I saw snow flurries the whole drive to work this morning! And never really warmed up inside my car (until I got my coffee). It's been so rainy recently too and just generally gloomy outside. I'm SO ready for spring to get here already.
  • Valentine's Day. Yep, I'm a Bitter Betty this year and will be single on Valentine's day. And I mean, whatever I guess I was single last year (kind of) but at least a ton of my single friends all got together and had a big throw-down filled with booze and broken dreams. This year I plan to celebrate another birthday on Saturday night (yes the tally is up to 11 right now) and then Sunday go see a double feature with my single roommate. And wallow in my sadness and depression that IS this holiday.
  • My case of the WOMPs. Workout Overexertion Muscle Pains (or as Andy likes to call it DOMS - Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness - which I guess describes it a little more accurately than what I said but whatevs). So yeah we pushed ourselves pretty hard on Monday night via the new Body For Life workout regimen we've decided to partake in. And it is absolutely killing me. It hurts to walk up and down the stairs. It hurts to sit down. It hurts to get out of bed in the morning. It hurts to stretch. It hurts to bend over to pick up a pen that I've dropped while trying to impress the UPS guy at the nail salon (bend and snap anyone?). My life simply hurts right now. And I don't like it. One bit.
  • The conference call I'm about to sit in on. Ugh. I am really not thrilled with this little adventure I'm about to endure. I know I know, at least I have a job, right? Yeah I guess. There are plenty of days I'd love to just quit my job and join the circus. Or...in Andy's case, become a comedy writer. But I simply enjoy getting a steady paycheck right now and don't really feel like venturing out into the cold harsh world of entertaining people for a living. Maybe that world isn't really cold and harsh, but I honestly can't imagine that people would find me that funny and entertaining right off the bat. However, I might take a stab at it in my spare time and see where it gets me. Who knows. But for now, it's conference call time.
If you need me I'll be Suiting Up.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment