Friday, February 5, 2010

boy do i need a drink

Just a fair warning, this is going to be a complaint-filled entry. If you don't want to hear my complain, I suggest you stop reading and get back to work. Athankyouverymuch.

Blokay - so you wanna keep reading? Here it is, don't say I didn't warn you:

So it's friday afternoon. At 3:17pm. I am hungover. And tired. And cranky. And sore from working out. And did I mention I'm hungover? Yep I partied a little too hard on Thirsty Thursday and I am paying for it dearly today at work. Woke up at 8:15 when I'm supposed to leave my apartment by 8:00 to get to work on time. So that's special. Needless to say there was no time for showering this morning. Just enough time to brush my teeth and wash my face and run a comb through my hair. Just barely.
Did my make-up in the car and almost got in 3 wrecks while in the process thanks to my slightly-still-intoxicated state and my one-eye-open-make-up techniques. Also special. And I simply HAD to go to Einstein's because it's part of my hangover remedy. So I got to work a little late and I'll be totally honest, I don't really remember much of this morning. I know I had a conference call but I completely zoned out. I think I've been productive but I couldn't really tell you what I've been working on. Have you ever done that? Gah, I now remember why I don't go out during the week anymore. I am getting old. And I clearly can't handle Thirsty Thursdays. It's not like I was out at a bar or a club gettin my swerve on til 2am. I was just drinking a LOT of wine at my place with several friends. And surprise surprise it was a birthday celebration. Because we all know that Memorial day is the best time for our parent's generation to get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions and conceive a child. Yes, this puts me at my 4th friend this month to have a birthday (and it's only February 5th!). I'm not even going to get into the other birthdays I'm celebrating THIS WEEKEND. It never ends apparently.

So back to me + wine. It's the nectar of the gods while I'm drinking it but the morning after it makes me want to kill myself. Wine gives me the worst headaches known to man. Why do I put myself through this? I always know the pain it causes me the next day, yet I continue to do it time and time again. Sheesh. You'd think I would learn from my mistake but alas I do not. And now my whole day is pretty much shot to hell. I took my rest day yesterday (from working out) and I HAVE to work out today but I really don't want to. I just want to curl up in my bed and sleep until tomorrow. It's so gross oustide and it's a perfect night for staying in and watching a movie and passing out early. But I know that's not what I'll do. I'll go to the gym. I'll go to my friend's place for dinner and wine, and some friends want to visit Lily at her new restaurant job and go out in Decatur. I don't know how I'm even going to work out, much less partake in these other activities. And I still have another hour and a half at work (at least!) Boo!

Ugh. I need to go try and make this last hour and a half productive. Happy Friday bitches.

B-Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment