Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Must...keep...eyes...open...

That area on my head behind my ears really hurts right now. And for that matter, so does my whole head. And my legs, arms, shoulders, ass and feet. Partially because of working out (effing WOMPs), partially because of dancing in high-heeled boots last night, and partially because I am utterly wiped out. For some reason I agreed to go with Andy to Star Bar last night at 11:30pm! Probably not the smartest thing to do when I have to work in the morning. But hey, it was Mardi Gras last night - that's a viable excuse to go out on a Tuesday, right? Right. Except I forgot it was Mardi Gras until I saw a bunch of people with beads on in the bar.
And even when I saw this I don't think I put two and two together until today when I found 3 strands of beads on the bar in my kitchen. Did I earn those beads? I don't think so, I'm pretty sure I stole them but who really knows right? Anyway, so getting out of bed this morning simply did not happen. I guess when you get home at 3, getting up at 7 isn't really a realistic goal to set for yourself. Factor in a little alcohol and you're screwed. So I settled for waking up at 9:30 after my alarm went off about 35 times. Which put me at work around 10:20. I usually get in around 8:30. Ssssoooo that was special. Aaannnndddd I've been struggling to stay awake all day. Skipped breakfast and settled for coffee. I did have lunch with my girl-friend though which is the only reason I've been able to do anything productive today (food = energy). Like write this blog entry. And open up a few new jobs. And almost fall out of my chair in a meeting. I had just enough energy this morning to brush my teeth and my hair, put on clothes and push the gas and break pedal in my car. And as a result have not been able wash my face OR touch up last night's makeup. So I've resorted to wearing my glasses today to disguise my sleep-depriven eyes. And they're really starting to hurt. But if I take them off I am going to look like I've been hit by a train. So there's that. And somehow I'm supposed to participate in a wine tasting tonight. (sigh) All I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep for the next 10+ hours. Is that so much to ask?

If you need me I'll be trying to steal a nap in one of our client lounges (read: dark, cool, comfy sofas). Thanks.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment