Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Happy Place...

This has been a fabulous morning, a fabulous lunch and I can only imagine it will be followed by a fabulous afternoon. I don't think anything can bring me down!

Let me enlighten you as to why I'm in such a cheery mood compared to last Thursday. I have been working at my job for almost 3 years. And for almost 3 years I've had to suffer through just mediocre breakfast options on my way to work. Sure Panera is not bad, we have an IHOP across the street (which I have yet to visit) and there are even a few chick-fil-a's peppered up my 18 mile commute to the Johns Creek area, but nothing has quite satisfied my pallate over my almost 3 year reign at this company. But yesterday I stumbled upon an amazing discovery via google maps.
You see, I've had a GPS for about 2 years and because it's 2 years old, it obviously doesn't have certain restaurants and addresses listed that have been built in 2 years. So I have yet to find my favorite breakfast place that's on my route to work. Yesterday though, that all changed. I was sitting and thinking about how delicious my bagels were this past weekend from my favorite bagel place, Einstein's and I thought, hmm, I wonder where the closest one is near my office? I'm pretty sure when I've looked before the closest one is in Dunwoody and that simply won't do, but maybe I've overlooked the locations. I know it would be out of the way to get to it no matter which way I come to work but maybe there's one that's just close enough that I could get away with stopping there if I leave myself a few extra minutes in the morning. So I google the locations of Einstein Bros Bagels and low and behold there is one on the map that is literally.5 miles from my office. Sweet mother of God, really??? Why have I never seen this before? I am well acquainted with the area, especially the area .5 miles around my office! Where did this come from?

So this morning, I make my extra .5 mile trek over to my happy place and sure enough, it has taken the place of Rising Roll! It's like the heavens have opened up all of a sudden I'm surrounded by rainbows and butterflies! There's singing and dancing and the wine flows like water and I am 100% giddy at this point. That's when I knew that today was going to be a good day. How could it not be? There's an Einstein's across the street from my office! I must have looked like a moronic idiot when I walked into my personal heaven because I could not wipe the smile off my face. I looked at the cashier and I said "oh. my. gosh. how long have you guys been open???" and she smiled and said "since mid-december" and I said, "you don't understand just how happy this makes me! I drive almost 20 miles to work each day and there is not a single Einstein's on the way to work, this is amazing! I'm so..." and she finished my sentence for me, "ecstatic?" "YES!" "Well, I'm glad we're making you happy, what would you like to order today?" And I ordered my usual, everything bagel w/ reduced fat cream cheese on the side and a small vanilla hazelnut coffee. And let me tell you, this Everything bagel was Everything you could imagine. It was toasted just perfectly, covered in Everything, and the cream cheese was just the right amount, and the coffee...oh the coffee - it was like a little taste of pure bliss!

I had a little kick in my step when I walked into the office this morning, and people noticed. oh did people notice. And nothing has been able to bring me down all day. There are not many things that get me this excited and happy, but Einstein's opening across the street, that'll do it.

Now before you go thinking that I'm some crazy foodie obsessed over something a little psychotic...i'm sure you have some weird thing that makes you extremely happy-go-lucky that other people would think was weird. And if you don't, you're weird for not having that go-to-happy place. So there.

As if the day couldn't get any better from there, I was extremely pleasantly surprised to find my cd player in my car working today! AND my favorite CD was working with it! I know what you're thinking: CD player? lame. why don't you have your ipod hooked up to your car? or like, XM radio? i mean, come on!

well, i'll have you know that my baby is 10 years old, she doesn't run quite like she used to and honestly I'm just trying to keep her going a few more years before I have to throw in the towel. But my CD player has been fickle as hell for the last several years. Sometimes it plays right away, sometimes I have to eject the CD and try again 18 times before it will play. Sometimes it will play the first song and then give me an error message - it just sucks, generally speaking. But not today. Today I loaded my eric church CD, turned it to #7 and she gave me exactly what I wanted to listen to. My feel good song (naturally, because I was already feeling good from my Einstein's everything bagel w/ reduced fat cream cheese and my vanilla hazelnut coffee), "Drink a Little Drink, Smoke a Little Smoke". Maybe a more appropriate song would have been "Walkin on Sunshine" but Eric Church did the trick for me. I can jam out to that song any time, anywhere - it puts "some feel good in my soul", if you will.

On top of all of these wonderful little things this morning, my boss is out today and I have time to blog, catch up on emails and facebook, and generally waste my time at work.

What can I say, I feel about like this pair of socks:


except for the whole, "being walked on" part of course

No comments:

Post a Comment