Friday, February 12, 2010

Atlanta's second annual snowstorm 2K10!

So last night I ran into an old buddy from high school and we got to the whole "what are you up to these days" conversation. I gave him the skinny on my awesome job and that I work in Johns Creek/Duluth area. Now, unless you've been living under a rock this week, you are probably well aware that the entire Atlantic Coast (apart from Georgia and Florida) has had record-breaking snow-falls. My favorite blogger from DC has been talking about it and I've got several friends who have told me that they haven't been at work all week because of the snow. Hell, PCBH's family has had something like 30 inches! and they're in Boone! So last night Johnny Football Star tells me that I better be careful since I work all the way in Johns Creek, I might not be able to get home after about 1:00 today. What? Seriously, I heard Atlanta's only getting 1 inch of snow, maybe, I should be fine! But JFS tells me that we might get as much as FOUR inches. Ho-Ly-Shit. I'm terrified that I'm going to be snowed in at my office all weekend. How much would that suck!

Now if you're not an Atlanta native and you're from somewhere like Boston, 4 inches of snow sounds like nothing to you - and I can appreciate that. But here in Atlanta, when it flurries for more than an hour, the entire city shuts down. We cannot even function. We had a "snow/ice storm" about a month ago and it was rough. I definitely spun out my car on Old Ivy trying to stop at a stop sign in a patch of ice. That was fun. We don't plan ahead and salt all the roads, we have about 4 snow trucks for the whole city, we simply don't prepare. And schools and businesses close. JFS told me just last night that he was going to stop at the store and stock up on milk, bread and water. And schools have already closed for the day and there hasn't even been a single flurry that's come down from the sky yet. I mean, it's a little ridiculous IMO but at the same time I'm kind of terrified that I'm going to get stuck in this God-awful city and not be able to get home to my warm Hoodie Footie Snuggle Suit! My eyes keep darting towards the window to see if it's started to snow yet. As soon as it begins, you better believe I'm gonna make like a banana and peel out. I'll work from home. It's simply not worth it to me to get stuck in Johns Creek.

Speaking of Hoodie Footie Snuggle Suits, talk about the greatest invention ever! (I need a sarcasm font)Move over Snuggie, there's a new obnoxious unneccessary invention in town, and she comes complete with footies that you can zip on and off! So take THAT! I mean, really? If I wanted to look like a 4 year old I might actually invest in something like this, but I think I've left onesies, as well as wetting the bed, behind me about 21 years ago. Athankyouverymuch.

Ciao!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment