Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Did you know that 1 in 3 women suffer from LBL? No I didn't, nor do I care

Disclaimer: the subject of this blog entry is not necessarily something you want to read before lunchtime.

LBL - what the hell is LBL you ask? Well according to 1in3likeme.com it's something that 1 in 3 women suffer from! Head em up, move em out Herpes and HPV, there's a new serious issue that's affecting women these days and it's called LBL (Light Bladder Leakage), and boy has it been a serious problem for women for ages now! According to the website videos, women like Cleopatra, the Mona Lisa, and even EVE (of Old Testament fame, not the R&B artist) have suffered from this horrible problem over the years. Specifically, LBL is just what you think it is - when a women (1 out of 3, mind you), has issues controlling her bladder for a moment.

She wasn't expecting it to happen but, yep, she "just peed a little". Now I never thought this was some kind of condition and that researchers would actually study and determine that 1 in 3 women suffer from this. I've heard of people accidentally peeing because they were laughing so hard or they were scared so badly that they couldn't help it. But I always would have pictured Amy Smart in "Just Friends" when she and Ryan Reynolds watch their old home videos and listen to Jock Jams in the car (thank you class of 95!) and they're laughing so hysterically that they're both crying from it and she manages to squeak out "i just peed a little!" But, again, that's from hysterical, tears-streaming-down-face-laughter! Not just your typical chuckle. But apparently, I underestimate LBL -- So do a lot of people. And dammit if you think America is just going to sit by and let women suffer from this outrageous problem. No no, dont you worry your pretty little heads over this, Poise has come to the rescue providing a very thin "napkin" to keep you dry in case you sneeze, laugh, get tickled, or get scared...or run, or jump or talk to someone, or generally just live your life. Because apparently women accidentally pee a little when these things happen to them. Or at least 1 in 3 do.

B, what the hell made you come up with this topic for today? And why do I continue to read this? Well, last night Big Andy (as he would like to be referred to from now on, as opposed to just Andy of work-out partner fame) and I were watching some quality CBS shows that just happened to be peppered with commercials about people not being able to control their bladders. I mean, seriously every commercial break had one of these commercials. And it's uncomfortable enough to watch a commercial like this by yourself - but throw a member of the opposite sex in the mix and then it's like crickets and cheese graters. Because honestly, who likes to talk about bladder issues with their friends? I mean yeah it can be hilarious and fun to act like a 6 year old and literally talk about bathroom humor, but honestly, it's gross and only appropriate to discuss when you and your roommate and/or best friend are so blitzed one night that you revert back to your kindergarten self and find the tiniest things absolutely hilarious that you, consequently won't even remember discussing the next day. Or so I would think. (which is why i'm blogging about the subject right?) Anyway, Big Andy and I saw this commercial like 6 times last night so we eventually acknowledged the elephant in the room and laughed uncomfortably about the subject of the commercial. And I guess you continue to read this because, secretly, you ARE one of the three that suffer, aren't you? And you want to know what to do about it.

Now let me dispell any rumors that might start circulating as a result of this blog entry. No, I am not one of three women who suffer from LBL. If I did, I would probably not be super comfortable with working out with Big Andy, or any other guy for that matter, because you simply never know what might trigger this and wouldn't THAT be embarrassing? Right? Right? If I did suffer from LBL, you better believe I wouldn't be blogging about it, because you know, this blog is getting to be so popular and I have so many readers that I wouldn't want all 6 of them to know about it. No, luckily I'm one of the other 2 women out of 3, that don't suffer from it, but since 4 of my readers ARE women, you gotta figure that at least 1 of them suffers so why not blog about it? And...Big Andy asked me if I was going to blog about it so I thought, sure, why not?

Not really too sure what to make of this new LBL issue out there but I ask you to take a look at the website and watch the videos by Whoopi Goldberg. Because THAT'S definitely the person we want to visualize when it comes to LBL, right? Whoopi? Really? ::shudder:: I guess there isnt really anyone I'd like to think about when it comes to LBL. Again, with the inappropriate bathroom talk at age 24, I think this just needs to stop, the peeing, and me talking about it in my blog. I will hand it to Whoopi though, at least she is kind of poking fun at the issue...I guess. Now, if you'll excuse me...

Bella McBlogger
(good thing i don't use my real name here, right?)

1 comment:

  1. I'm the third out of the 3! Ha! And are you sure that it didn't say 1 out of 3 women over a certain age suffer from the oddly STD-sounding dysfunction? I'm just sayin'...it's Whoopi...Anyhow, the only reason I kept reading was to look for more 'Just Friends' references. I was sadly disappointed. ;-) J/K (see you tonight! woohoo!)

    ReplyDelete