Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love of my life - music edition

In 2 days I'll be seeing the most recent love of my music life on stage! I. Cannot. Wait! Eric Church and I are new lovers - it was only last September that we met. (disclaimer, i am a 90s teeny-bopper at heart and Brian Littrell will always be the #1 love of my music life - Eric doesn't quite compare, but for this chapter of my life - and for the subject of this post, he's pure gold) He came to see me at my old college town, Athens, Georgia. It was love at first chord. Now before the night that the actual in-person magic happened, we had started to become acquainted with one another a few weeks prior to our face-to-face. I would ask him questions about where my life was headed, why I was feeling miserable there for a little while, and how did he feel about me. And yes, he answered me in song. It was like he knew exactly the words to say and how to say them.
Then add a little guitar to the mix and I was smitten. How could this one man, who's path I'd never crossed before, know and understand my soul and my feelings SO well? Well, naturally I became determined to meet him in person, to discover if this bond that I felt was true to it's core. So when Eric happily agreed to come to the 40 Watt, that fateful evening in September, I was stoked, to say the least! And then, he proved all my thoughts to be true. We were destined to meet and he would fill my soul with happiness and joy for the rest of my life! I ask a question, he answers it perfectly! Of course, we did have to part ways after that one evening. Something about Eric going to 3rd world countries and helping cure aids through the gift of song - so naturally I wanted him to go and do what was for the greater good! I knew I'd be sad and that I'd miss him, but he recorded 2 albums for me so that even though we were apart, he was never too far. And just recently, he contacted me and told me that he misses me so much that he's coming back in town for 1 night, and 1 night only. Saturday. And I can't be more thrilled! He'll sing! I'll dance! He'll answer my life questions through song and our love affair will continue to blossom. He's going to put some feel-good in my soul. And I absolutely cannot wait! (sigh) I'm such a lucky girl...

To Eric Church Be True,
Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment