Monday, November 16, 2009

New Moon!!!!

Hey kids,

So yes, I have fallen victim to the Twilight saga - just like every tween girl in America. What can I say, there is something about those books that I simply cannot resist. And the New Moon movie comes out in 4 days! Needless to say I'm a LITTLE excited! I listened to the entire audio book last week during work and I am ridiculously ready for this movie. I know a lot of people were disappointed with the Twilight movie last year because it simply didn't live up to the book - and I can totally agree with that, but lets be honest, what movie EVER lives up to the book? That's what I thought.  I actually watched some behind-the-scenes stuff from the DVD and I have to say, the director - what a nut-job! and she was really weird looking. But that's neither here nor there. Oh and the whole spider monkey thing? what was that? But now, we have a new director for New Moon, Chris Weitz. And he has apparently done great things with this movie. I have a really good feeling about him. The previews alone make me think that this movie is going to be better than Twilight was. Like seriously, I can't wait.

So I've been thinking a lot about Thursday and I can't decide if I should try to blend in with the tweens and have my parents drop me off in a Team Edward baby-tee - OR - if I should dress like an adult, drive myself over there and pretend to be waiting by the bathroom and stealthily (is that a word?) sneak myself in without anyone seeing my face. I know what you're thinking. If I'm really as big of a Twilight fan as I say I am then I shouldn't be embarrassed to show my face going into the movie. And if I'm totally honest with myself I know that I'm going to be fighting tooth & nail to get the best seat in the house. Even if I have to trip little girls and get into fist fights with their dads. And I have to say I'm glad I'm not alone on this front. I'll be seeing the movie with a few girl friends and we're going to make a night of it - go to dinner, perhaps at ECLIPSE de Luna (you like that? oh yeah, you know you do), get in line for the midnight showing at, say, 10:30, and pummel any small children or high school kids with bad acne who are tearing ticket stubs, who stand in our way.

I'm just imagining Thursday night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be almost as excited as I was for the Backstreet Boys concert I went to back in October 1997. It's not so much that I'm in love with Rob Pattinson or Taylor Lautner like I am was with the Backstreet Boys - I mean don't get me wrong they're both hot, but no one will ever come close to Brian Littrell's gorgeousness for me. But I think I'm just excited to see what they do with this movie and how different it's going to be from Twilight. But I do love Edward - the character. And I love the story - and I'm really interested to see how the Volturi and Italy scenes work out. I'm just so damn excited to see this movie! I really hope it lives up to its potential! I can just feel myself going all teeny-bopper on the ticket stub kid and tearing up because I'm so damn excited and just want to get into the theatre! Hopefully I can contain myself better than I did with the Backstreet Boys last month in 1997.

Yes, it's a New Moon on Thursday night, and this vamp-lover is ready to howl at it.

I think I need to get my brain checked because that was the worst closing I could have ever written. I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. You're a nut-job...i'm really excited...be ready for trivia at the theatre- bring your A-game!

    ReplyDelete