Monday, November 9, 2009

Isn't this just the way it goes?

So, I finally went to the grocery store on Saturday after 2 weeks of eating whatever my roommates have brought home. Yes, I've been somewhat of a mooch recently - not on purpose, I'm just lazy and we don't have an extremely convenient grocery store near our house.

Anyway, I finally sucked it up on Saturday and went to Kroger - I got some great breakfast foods, replenished many of the foods I'd eaten of my roommates and thought to myself - ok, the holidays are coming up, let's start eating right now so that I can afford to splurge on all the thanksgiving and christmas goodies by the end of the month. So I was really good this morning. I had one of my SmartOnes breakfast quesadillas and I had every intention of bringing a banana to work (and I just realized I forgot it - BLERG!) and eating a frozen dinner during lunch. This is to get back to eating healthier AND to stop spending so much on eating out.

Well, wouldn't ya know that my boss just came by and said "We brought bagels this morning!" and that ALWAYS means Panera. Always. Because it's about 1/2 a mile from our office and because it's delicious of course. Damn you boss! I'm trying to be good! I've already eaten breakfast even but I KNOW I can't resist a good Panera bagel - they're just too delicious, all warm and yummy. And the cream cheese! Jackpot! ugh, I hate my love affair with food - it is one of my downfalls. I think the only thing that might get me through this is remembering that they're not nearly as good as Einstein's. And my roommate, PCBH, can totally relate with me on that front. Yes, Einstein's - there's something about Einstein Bros that just warms my soul. Especially after a night of heavy drinking and hilarious stories from the night before. I dare say that Einstein's might be what brought me and PCBH together to become the best of friends.

In fact, we were able to rekindle our love affair with Einstein's just yesterday! Which is why I was trying to be so good today! I am trying to get OFF my bagel kick and start eating less high-carb, more high fiber and protein-rich breakfasts. Ugh, if only these bagels in the office didnt smell so good. And I have to walk by the kitchen to go meet my supervisor - it's gonna get ugly pretty soon. Maybe I could just hold out til lunch? And that could BE my lunch? who am I kidding, I'll be ravenous by 3:00 if that's all I have for lunch. Blerg.

Well, wish me luck kids, I'm about to meet my supervisor and dive head first into the lion's den. FML.

3 comments:

  1. alternative bagels. They are 1 ww point and taste AMAZING. They are in the bakery section only at Publix. They saved my life... There is a fat woman inside of me trying to get out and these are the only things that shut her the hell up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i held off my cravings!! i will definitely look for those next time i'm at the store. thx girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delayed reaction- but I just read the comments for this one, and YES, alternative bagels changed my life as well. Too bad the northerners don't understand fat people and don't sell them up here. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete