Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nobody likes a Mr. Sniffles (or a Ms. Sniffles for that matter)

Well, i did it! I ran 13.1 miles on Sunday in the cold wet rain! And all in all, I'd say it was a pretty epic experience. I definitely surprised myself to find that I beat my own expectations by over 15 minutes. That's right, I ran the race in UNDER 2 hours! 1:57:11 to be exact. And I definitely patted myself on the back for that. It was invigorating and exciting, but i am so f-ing sore now. After the race, i could tell I was going to hate my muscles for a couple days but this is excruciating. On top of which, I woke up at 3:30am Monday morning unable to breathe except to cough up a lung. So that was sexy.
So I limped to the kitchen and got myself some water, downed it, poured another glass, downed that, poured another glass and went back to my bedroom to try and sleep. But the coughing continued. So I went to the bathroom to find some cold medicine and I found a CVS Severe Cough and Cold box so I took 2 of the pills and within 10 minutes, I was out cold. Woke up around 8:30 and called in to work because I was still feeling lousy, and pretty much was comatose on my couch all day yesterday. I snuggled up with some chicken noodle soup, gingerale and a pack of dayquil and a law & order marathon and I was set. But every time I had to get up to go to the kitchen or the bathroom I was in excruciating pain. And the pain continues today. As does the coughing, hacking, sneezing and all around sexiness of my aura right now. I feel about like the Barnacle. I'd love to say that whenever I start feeling sick, I stop being sick and become awesome, but truth be told, I am not feeling awesome right now. at all. Sophia and I are g-chatting right now and she's offered to make me some soup and grilled cheese. that sounds like just about the best tasting treat in the world right now! besides ice cream of course. which i could also go for. I just want to sleep. and not do any work (note: why i'm blogging right now). And pour some gingerale into a frozen mug, let it sit in the freezer for 30 min and then spoon out the slushy mixture (did anyone else's mom do that for them?) Seriously I just want to take some nyquil and comatose out (again).

Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment