Monday, March 29, 2010

THIS, on the Day that Jesus Died for our Sins...

As I mentioned on Friday, this week MUST be a better week than last week. Last week at work was simply frustrating. I was sore from my half marathon run on Sunday, I came down with a terrible cough/cold that I'm still trying to work out of my system, and I was bogged down at work in a not-so-fun way. But it's a new day - new week for that matter - and I'm determined to make this one better than last week. That being said, it is Monday, which is never fun, but I DO have a 4-day work week, which makes everything that much better. I really should just look at today as a Tuesday - might help me get over the case of the Mondays. Yep, it's Easter week, and for some reason, my small company likes to discriminate and only celebrate Christian holidays so we have Good Friday off. But I can't complain, I LOVE 4-day work weeks and I definitely would be in favor of working 4, 10-hour days and have 3 day weekends all the time if my company allowed it. But alas, they do not.

Last year, I celebrated Good Friday by pampering myself and nursing a hangover. I intend to do JUST that again this year. My roommate's friend Mark came to visit from NYC and I have to tell you that he is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life. He's so sweet and has this big head of curly curly hair that's slightly out of control, but in a good way. And I just remember meeting him and thinking he was going to be one of my new best friends. And I think he would have been...if he lived here. But alas, NYC and Atlanta don't exactly make it geographically easy to see one another and hang out and have epic weekends like we did last Easter. I'm not even sure that writing about that weekend will do it any justice - you kind of had to be there, but damn was it fun. We went out Thursday night to see Tyler play and proceeded to get good and shnockered, knowing we didn't have to work the next day. And at about 10pm, Mark decides he's going to go next door to some ethnic restaurant and get a god-awful-smelling gyro or burrito or wrap of some sort and eat it at the bar. Well for some reason I remember finding this hilarious. Then there was something about teridactyls or pteridactyls, but I really can't remember what it was about and why we were saying it. It was one of THOSE nights. Anyway, the next day I'm pretty sure I was hungover and confused about life and how we got home, and I had an appointment to get waxed, so that was fun. Yeah, talking about waxing with a guy I've only met the night before - not strange in the least bit. We followed up my waxing appt with a visit to the mall where I was planning to buy some goodies from VS. This is probably going to get a little personal but, here's the back-story. So I simply love buying underwear. The pretty colors and lace and patterns - I just love them! So I frequent VS quite a bit - anyway, I went in one day after work and they offered me a $10 credit towards a new bra they'd been marketing if I did a fitting. So all I had to do was get fitted and try on a bra and I'd get $10. Yes and Please. So I tried on this pretty new bra and immediately fell in love. But I didn't want to spend $48 on a bra - as beautiful as it was. So I took the $10 card and left with 3 new thongs. After deliberating for about a week and a half, I'd decided that I was going to buy it, and the matching counterparts - so anyway, Mark and PCBH and I go to the mall and I find the bra in this BEAUTIFUL purple color. I don't own a purple bra at this point so I'm sold. I use my $10 card and make my purchase. You better believe I wore that baby out that night (under my shirt of course, I'm not a sloot) - anyway, Mark was ever-so complimentary - he kept telling me how that thing simply did wonders for the girls. I'm not sure if he was trying to help keep me from feeling buyers remorse or if he truly meant it, but I was definitely a lot happier about my purchase the more he complimented me. And before you think it, no, this story does not end up with Mark and I gettin our swerve on, so go ahead and get your head out of the gutter.

The best part about this day is that Mark ended pretty much EVERY sentence out of his mouth with "and this, on the day that Jesus died for our sins" because it was Good Friday. Which, in some contexts about made me pee my pants it was so funny.

"I'm so glad that we went out and celebrated Jesus dying for our sins last night. I think He really appreciates us binge drinking."
"The purple bra is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad you purchased this on the day that Jesus died for our sins."
And on and on.

I know it sounds somewhat sacreligious - and maybe it is, but I simply couldn't help laughing everytime that phrase came out of Mark's mouth. I think fondly about that weekend and I really wish he was going to be here this weekend to do it all over again. But unfortunately, he won't be. And according to facebook, he's cut his hair. which saddens me. So, in an effort to keep myself from becoming overwhelmingly depressed, I'm going to do everything we did that weekend, this weekend. I'm going to go out Thursday night, make a boy buy a smelly wrap of some sort, talk about dinosaurs. I'm going to meet Eneida on Friday, maybe go get a pedicure, then to VS to see what's new. Then happy hour with Sophia and who knows who else - just to drink away my sadness. If you see me this weekend, please remind me that whatever I'm doing, I did it on the day that Jesus died for our sins. It might give me just the pick-me-up I need to get through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment