Wednesday, March 24, 2010

RIP Bella...

Out with the old and in with the new: Say goodbye to Bella/Bells/Bell and say hello to Blaire. I've run a half marathon, shed my caterpillar cocoon and turned into a new and improved version of my former self. Besides simply wanting a new name for myself, I have no other legitimate reason really to change it. But hey, I changed my hair up a little bit last week, I ran off a full average female's calorie intake in two hours on Sunday, so why not change my name too, right? Also - as Blaire, I plan to slightly re-invent myself and take a good hard look at those resolutions I made back in January and TRULY stick with them now. I've done an OK job with it thus far, but spring is in the air, which means summer is soon to follow, and I have yet to achieve the rock-hard body I yearn for, and yet to get out of any ONE of my 3 major debts I'm facing this year. I've chipped away, little by little, but really need to focus on knocking these out in the next few months. I will have ONE debt paid for sure by May (hooray!) and the other two are going to continue to take some time.

As for the rock-hard body, well, burning a days worth of calories in one morning is a good start (thank you half marathon) but I still have a ways to go. Starting tonight, I'm getting back in touch with Jillian and begining my 30 day shred. I'm also going to continue running, and thanks to daylight savings time, I can actually run outside when I get home now! holla!

WW was a bust, but I know the program and am going to count my points starting THIS monday. I'm less concerned with actual pounds as I am with dress/pants sizes. So there's that.

And finally, the "going out" resolution. This has been a toughie. I cannot help it that I was an extremely social person as Bella. And I'm afraid Blaire will be just as social a butterfly. But I've got to be better on this front. There's just always so many fun things to do that cost money! And many of them involve an alcoholic bev or two. But I have to believe that if I truly count my WW points like I should, then I'll be less likely to indulge in those adult beverages because they are HEAVY in calories and points. So yeah, wish me luck w/ that part.

Anywho, I'm happy to be turning over a new leaf on this day, March 24, 2010. I have lots to focus on and look forward to. Any words of encouragement are much appreciated! Leave them in the comments section!

~Blaire

1 comment:

  1. I freakin' love Jillian and her 30 Day Shred! I'm on a little program myself; however, the vodka is here to stay. I've been able to let go of pretty much everything over the last 6 months, but my Belvedere? Not so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete