Friday, March 19, 2010

t minus 2 days...

and I'm running the half marathon. Holy Skittles I'm a little nervous. But I know I shouldn't be, I trained for almost 3 months - "I can do this if I set my mind to it! High school was a pain in the ass but I graduated" (name that movie...no? nothin? Billy Madison of course, then Billy's dad proceeds to tell him "you graduated because I paid your teachers to give you decent grades!) wamp wamp, I hope Mr. Madison didn't have anything to do with my training - like manipulating the treadmills to make me think I'm running 6 miles when in fact it's only 2. THAT would be a nightmare...AANNNYYWAY...

So yeah, it's Sunday and like I said I'm a little nervous. It's just that it's supposed to rain ALL day on sunday after 2 gorgeous days of spring here in Atlanta and I can honestly say that I've never run even 5 miles in the rain, much less a half marathon! So that should make things interesting. And with my luck I'll probably end up breaking my ankle again or something. Ugh, please pray for me and my run. I can't afford to break anything right now.

So yeah, like I said it's gorgeous outside right now and all I want is to be OUT of my office enjoying the beautiful sunshine but, I'm stuck here. Blerg. And i'm exhausted. St Patty's day wore me the hell out. And I still haven't caught up on sleep. But that's what tomorrow morning is for, right? right. just go with it. I'm very excited about tomorrow - the Expo before the race. Apparently we get lots of free "SWAG! 'Stuff We All Get.' I basically decorated my condo for free with all of my SWAG!" (Michael Scott, Dunder Mifflin) which I'm super excited about. I mean, who doesn't love free stuff! I know I do. So yeah tomorrow should be good times. Hopefully I can find some rain-repellent gear to wear for Sunday morning.

And on that note - it's 2:30 on Friday afternoon. I'm going to finish up my work and hopefully dip out early. Peace! Next time you hear from me, I will have completed a half marathon! Whatup!

No comments:

Post a Comment