Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ladies & Gentlemen: Wesley Cook!!!!!!

So some of you may remember a couple months back when I blogged about my good friend Tyler Herrin - aspiring musician who's trying to make it in the big bad city of Atlanta. Welp, it's time to plug another musician friend of mine: Wesley Cook.



Wesley and I have been friends for a little over a year now - I actually met him at one of Tyler's gigs last spring! And this boy is talented! He's been working at the music thing for several years now - played a lot in Athens back in the college days and has been seen all around Atlanta at various gigs. Wesley is one of the sweetest guys I know and his laugh - well it's contagious. Wesley has about the same maturity level as I do when it comes to humor. Pretty sure his favorite site is failblog (Respect!) and he is right on par with me when it comes to Abbrevs. Not to mention he's more than mildly attractive with those baby-blues. But I digress.

You might have seen Wesley play around town - he's played at Joey D's by Perimeter, Tin Lizzy's in Buckhead, Tavern 99, Smith's Olde Bar, and Red Light Cafe (to name a few).

So tonight, he's having his album release party at the Hard Rock Cafe! The Hard Rock Cafe! I know! That's totes awes to the max (TATM)! And you guys should all check it out! He's got two opening acts before he goes on at 11 - so come for dinner, stay for the show and enjoy yourself! You can check out some of his stuff here. And browse the rest of the site too! And check out his youtube page! He's going to put on an awesome show tonight and I, for one, can't wait to see it! I'm REALLY hoping that he actually "Ices" someone on stage. "Ices?" you say? Yes, Ices. Wesley was introduced to the concept of Icing someone last weekend. And since I already told you that he and I are on the same humor maturity level, I'm sure you can imagine that this was like a 5 year old discovering candy for the first time when he heard about it. A few of us have encouraged him to ice someone mid-performance, and I can only pray that he actually goes through with it. It may not be as epic as Coolio getting Iced:



But it would still be pretty epic. Anyway, come check out the show tonight! You can buy tickets here!
Holla!
B



No comments:

Post a Comment