Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Holy 2003...

So I was perusing my facebook photos today when I stumbled upon the FIRST ever photo of me that was posted on facebook. It was a picture of Erin and Victoria and I, 2 weeks after graduating high school, while we were on a trip in Germany, making some weird hand signal that I'm sure carried some significant meaning at the time. And I look like I weigh maybe 95 lbs. Now, i'm not saying that that's healthy, but i'm also not not saying that's healthy.

Zack Morris Time OUT!!!! That trip to Germany was the most effed up trip of our lives. Still, to this day, I wonder if it was all a dream because I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that anything that happened on that trip, actually happened. The only reason that I think I know it happened is because there were other people (besides Erin and Victoria and I) who were there.
And because Johannes (a 16 year old German boy who may or may not have been in love with me) found me on myspace about a year and a half later (yes i was on myspace in 2004, dont judge) and asked me to promote his German band in America. And because he gave me a stuffed animal before I left Germany. And I have a drum-stick from some OTHER German band whose name I can't remember. And there are photos somewhere. So really, I know the trip happened but I feel a little bit like I was tripping the whole time I was there. Funny thing about THAT is, I'd never put any illegal substance into my body at that point in my life - but I did get drunk for the first time while in Berlin. God I'm rambling. SO Zack Morris Time IN!!!!!

Anyway, so back to me being the healthy weight of 95 lbs - which is an exaggeration, I know that I weighed between 105 and 110 when I graduated high school - ANYWAY. I started to look through more photos of myself from freshman year of college and it looks like it just gets worse for about a year or so. And by worse I mean sickly skinny. I mean, I by no means, had an eating disorder (scouts honor) but I was seriously skin and bones. And the thing is, I was athletic in high school - definitely ran track, cross country, played volleyball, and overall an active teenager, but I never really thought I was that skinny. I never thought I was overweight, I just thought I was normal. And I'm pretty positive that my freshman year of college I lost about 10 lbs, despite my new-found appreciation for binge drinking. I lost weight though because I walked EVERYWHERE on campus. I didn't take the bus because it was always so crowded, and let's face it UGA has a gorgeous campus so why wouldn't you want to walk around? But looking at these pictures, I kind of cant believe I was ever that skinny. It makes me want to start walking to work (which I would TOTALLY do if it wasn't 18 miles each way - that's simply too time consuming) just because I had such toned arms and legs! Anyway, so after that freshman year, I moved into the sorority house and definitely started getting a little lazy. I mean I still walked but milledge is a little too far of a walk for some parts of campus. And junior and senior year? I drove to campus. So needless to say, I was no longer a size 0/2, nor did I weigh 100 lbs. But I have to say that gaining some weight was definitely a blessing in disguise. For one, I also no longer looked like a pre-pubescent child, so I had that going for me. I also went from a 32B to a 36C in about 2 years...which I think the boys appreciated. And lucky for me, the girls have stuck with me despite my efforts to shed some lbs over the last 2-3 years. And while I do want to shed about 10 lbs before I hit LA this summer, I certainly don't want to look like I did freshman year of college (of course I might be whistlin a different tune once I get out there...skinny LA bitches)

Anyway, just thought I'd share this wonderful trip down skinny memory lane with you. Hope you all have a happy Tuesday and get outside today. It's totes gorge to the max!

No comments:

Post a Comment