Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...

Well, here we are, 2010. Holy mother of God. I cannot believe that a decade ago I was ringing in the millenium with my youth group at some big youth festival at the Georgia World Congress Center, worried that we were going to run out of clean water and that our computers were all going to crash and the world as we know it might end. My how things have changed. This time of year always gets me thinking about how the previous year played out and what things I should strive to do differently/better. And I figured that this blog might serve as a good way to keep me accountable for my resolutions this year. Because there are a lot of things that happened in 2009 that I don't want to repeat in 2010. Lots of lifestyle changes to be made. I don't want to be a sour sally or a negative nancy and say that I know I'm not going to keep all of these resolutions before I've even started them. I truly want to try! And, one thing I've found, when I did a WW blog 2 years ago, is that setting mini goals is the best way to keep a resolution going. So here goes:

My 2010 Resolutions:
  1. Get back on WW and lose at least 10 lbs - I plan on doing this by initially starting back online. It's cheap and I pretty much know all the important information to make it happen. It's just a matter of getting the lifestyle change back on my radar so that I keep it front of mind and don't slip up like I did in '08. I'd like to lose 10 lbs by the end of March. Totally do-able.
  2. Cut "going out" down to 2x per month - I'll define "going out". "Going out" is going to the bars with my friends and getting shmammered, dropping at least $50 and feeling like death the next day. The $50 "going out" fee will also include dinner. I can "go out" and be a DD, but I don't want to spend the money on drinks and I don't want to feel like death the next day.
  3. Exercise - I have a workout facility at my apartment, I need to use it. This will build up slowly. I want to set my mini goal to be to get to the gym at least 2x a week for this first month of the year. Build up to 3-4x per week in Feb/March, and by April, be going to the gym 5+x per week. As it gets warmer I think I'll be more encouraged to hit the streets running than I will be when it's 18 degrees outside.
  4. Be solvent by 2011 - I'm not going to lie, I need to manage my money better. I'm hoping by only dropping $80 a month on "going out" (as listed in #2), I can manage to save a little more $ each month and pay off my debts. And I want to open an IRA this year and really start contributing.
Side note, I just received a letter AT work from a prison inmate that I've never heard of from Alabama. And it was addressed to B McGinn, not B McBlogger...so i don't know if it was intended for me or not. Despite my citation a few weeks ago, I do not know any prison inmates by the name of Bryan Meyers...maybe he's related to Nina Meyers of 24. Bitch.

Wow, now I really can't focus on finishing my New Years Resolutions, maybe later. or maybe that's enough. 4's enough right? I have to go read this letter (it's 8 pages!) wow. just...wow.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment