Wednesday, January 27, 2010

it's been a minute or two since I've last posted

I know you all must be dying without an update on my life in the last week - sorry I've been so slack but work and working out have been quite the beeyatch over the last several days, leaving next to NO time for blogging. And perhaps I did have SOME time over the weekend to blog but, to be honest I have a method to my madness when it comes to not blogging at home. 1) I still have no router in my new apartment and only one of my roommates can get internet on her computer. I feel weird about blogging on a computer that's not mine, something just feels wrong about that. 2) I don't like to spend my time trying to think of fun stories to entertain you on the weekends, I'd rather be living those stories on the weekend so that I can blog about them during the week to avoid actual work.

So, here we are, Hump Day, nearing the end of January and it's precisecly 4:52 in the afternoon while I'm trying to finish up my work-day (slash) waste my time blogging.

Wouldn't you know that as soon as I actually get my shit together, register for the half and pay my $86 that my knee would start giving me problems. It has been hurting now for about 5 days. It's not so much during the act of running as it is after the fact. When I get off the treadmill/track/whatevs and go home, my knee starts hating me from the inside out. It feels like someone took a baseball bat and clobbered just my knee with it over and over. The joint pain is there but there feels like an all-out bruise surrounding the entire bottom part of my knee. Now I'm not trying to be a baby about this or anything but it seems like nothing I do has really helped so far. I tried to take it easy Sunday by just walking and doing strength/stretching but it still was killing me that night. And I haven't worn heels all week (save for today) to try and relieve the pain but it still hurts. And it's causing leg cramps and is making my ankle feel a little sore. it's just a bad situation all the way around. And I don't really know what to do about it. Except pop some pills, ice and heat and not push myself. But I have to push myself because I have to get my distance running in to be ready for March! We're 8 weeks away! If I stop running for a week it's going to be like I'm starting all over! And that's simply no fun. I'm going to take my chances w/ the elliptical tonight and see where that gets me. But all I really want is to see a massage therapist for about an hour and let him go to work on my leg.

In other news, my resolution to limit my "going out" is about to take a turn for the worst. Why is everyone I know born in february? I seriously have like 5 birthdays to go to in the next 3 weeks...really? really?? what's so great about memorial day that all of my friends parents decided to do the nasty that month and pop out their little darlings in 9 months later in the month of February?? I'm all for celebrating birthdays and all that but this is not going to help my NYR's!!  I'm simply going to have to opt for DDing for the majority of these events. But which one to sacrifice for?? That is the question...

I found out that the letter I received that was addressed to B McGinn actually belongs to someone in the office upstairs...not to me. my b. i gotta figure out how to return that now w/o looking like I committed a crime. any suggestions?

Ugh. I'm spent. Time to go home and work out. Hopefully I'll have something fun to blog about tomorrow or Friday. Til then, you stay classy Atlanta.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment