Wednesday, December 23, 2009

SANTAAAA!!!!!! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!!!

So today's blog is going to be a tribute of some of my favorite Christmas videos. Tis the season right?
First, I gotta give a shout to Sophia. She posted this video on her blog and it cracked me up, so thank you! I don't know about you guys but 24 was probably one of my favorite shows for the first 4 or 5 seasons. Jack Bauer is so bad-ass. And I will always hate Nina Myers with every fiber of my being. When I see her in other movies and shows now I just can't get past that raging bitch of a character and I just want to wipe that little smirk right off her face and shake her until her brain bleeds. ok whoa, I need to calm it down a little there. She's just such a raging bitch and so manipulative! I got REALLY in to Season 1 of 24 if you can't tell. And if you haven't watched it, I highly suggest you ask for it for Christmas (which is only 2 days away!!!) and watch it from start to finish in one weekend. Totally worth it. Anyway, here's the first Christmas video that I'll share with you all. Enjoy!

Elf is probably one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies (in case the title of this post didn't give that away). But I would also like to share another favorite movie (besides the tried and true Home Alone). Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: All I Want for Christmas!!! Does anyone besides my best friend Erin, remember this movie? A very young Thora Birch and Ethan Embry (who at the time went by Ethan Randall) play "two New York City children who launch a hilarious scheme to get what they want most this holiday season..." (thank you IMDB.com) to get their divorced parents back together! I think I love this movie so much because of Ethan Randall and Kevin Nealon. Ethan's in that barely-hitting-puberty stage and he plays awkward really well so I find myself cracking up pretty much the whole movie because I feel like I can relate to his awkwardness. The opening scene might be my favorite, where he's sprinting into the chapel to join the boys choir and tripping over his own feet. Then in a squeaky falsetto voice, gasping for air, he "sings" "Oh-ho Tiii-(gasp)dings of Coomm(gasp)-fort and joy (gasp) Comfort and joy!" OH, and I'm pretty sure the kid from the buger king commercials is Ethan's best friend. You remember this guy right? He was the blonde kid with the straight up buzz cut that was about 2 inches tall? A little hefty and he seemed like a bully-type? Anyway I don't remember his name but he's in this movie too.  And as for Kevin Nealon - Well, he's Kevin Nealon, and the creep factor is at about a 7 in this movie. He plays the loser guy who is trying to date Ethan and Thora's mom, so of course a plan to sabatoge him and his plans with their mom for Christmas is in place. Despite his creep factor he always makes me laugh. If you haven't enjoyed this gem of a movie, please visit the trailer here and I suggest you buy it on Amazon.com (I'm pretty sure they don't rent this movie at blockbuster anymore but you can try netflix, who knows).

And finally, the home-made video. Now we've all been there. Year after year our parents pulled out the camcorder and had to get our reactions to what santa brought us. Now normally, this wouldn't be so bad when you're really little and you don't care what you look like and you're at that cute age. You're probably in cute matching pajamas and have the joyous smile of a 6 year old who can't wait to see what santa brought! But then you start to get a little bit older, and appearances start mattering. And maybe you don't believe in Santa anymore (which is simply ridiculous!) but you still go downstairs on Christmas morning to unwrap the gifts that your parents gave you! And in the 6th grade, your parents still want to film you. Only you're really awkward. Like, really awkward. Maybe you've gotten braces at this point, or maybe you really really need them to take care of that buck-tooth problem you have. Your acne has just started coming in. You are trying to wear make-up but don't do a good job of it. Your baby fat is starting to spread out but you still have these chubby cheeks because you haven't fully matured yet. In my case, straighteners hadn't been invented yet so I had that working against me too. And all of this is absolutely ADORABLE to your parents. And it's Christmas morning so rather than take the time to do some makeup, brush your hair, and put on some clothes, you don't think about how you look because you're a greedy little bastard who's only concerned with opening presents!! And don't you worry, mom and dad will definitely catch you on film. Wearing an oversized t-shirt that could fit your 2XL sized-father and maybe some tacky tweety bird slippers, some ugly sweat pants, or maybe no pants at all. And every year you're reminded of how terrible you looked the year before because mom and dad have to watch this family video and show it to people. Well kids, I am about to bless you with the christmas video of all christmas videos. A compilation, if you will. And no, it's not me but a dear friend of mine. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present: Christmas Highlights.

And you're welcome! I love this video because my friend (the older brother) is so enthusiastic and appreciative of all the gifts that he receives every year. Even the Reese's! (Especially the Reese's) And the younger one could give 2 shits about what he's getting. Hahaha, I love it. And did you notice the oversized t-shirt there at the end? And the lack of pants somewhere in the middle? Did I not tell you??? However, these boys were both still in the cute/non-awkward years of their lives so the awkwardness hadn't quite come in to play as much as I was referring to above. Figures. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my tribute to christmas videos! I'll be on vacay til Sunday so enjoy the holiday and stay warm!

Fa La La!!!!

B

1 comment:

  1. Elf is my favorite movie....period. It ALWAYS puts me in a good mood, hence why I have watched it 18 times in the last 2 months. Not joking.

    ReplyDelete