Friday, December 4, 2009

SEC Championship Drinking Game!

Happy Friday everyone!

God am I glad it's Friday. Even though I was out of the office for 1 and a half days this week, my work week still felt exhaustingly long...I'm so glad it's the weekend. Now as you probably know I am a bulldog fan through and through. Despite the lack-luster season we had this year I will always support my dawgs and I have to say that I'm really sad that I won't be cheering for my team this weekend for the SEC championship. Instead I have to watch 2 of my least favorite teams in the SEC go head to head this weekend and I honestly don't want to cheer for either side. However, I will watch the game because 1) I love the SEC, 2) I'm interested to see the outcome.

I'm not sure what your plans are for the game, and I really don't know what my plans are either yet (so many choices, what to do!) but I do know that I'll be enjoying a cold adult beverage (or 10) and participating in a drinking game. There's all this hype about Tim Tebow - and yeah I guess he's won the Heisman and he's taken his team to the National Championship and won and all that but I personally can't stand the d-bag. It's probably because he's a Gator but also I just feel like he has this "holier-than-thou" attitude that really irks me. Ok, so you've done mission work, you're a self-proclaimed virgin (right), yada yada yada - why don't you get off your high horse. Everyone who is not a florida fan hates you! You're too good! Why don't you do something stupid like Michael Phelps and show up on the news doing a bong hit? BE HUMAN for God's sake. It's like he's such an unbelievably good person it makes you want to hate him (or at least makes me want to) - and I don't think I'm alone on this front.

But despite my severe distaste for all things Florida, I still feel as though I might have to cheer them on this weekend over Alabama. Alabama is no. 1 in the SEC West. Florida takes the East. And since Georgia is in the East, I feel as though I should root for my enemy just this once. After all, I do have a lot of family that went to Florida (I know, I know, don't hate, they knew not what they were doing). On the other hand, we didn't even get to play Alabama this year. Normally I'd have a lot of beef with Bama (especially when they killed us last year) but it's harder to hate them this year simply because we didn't match up with them. So should I cheer for them? But they're the West! We always want to say SEC East is better than SEC West, but when the East is Florida it seems as though there's simply no good choice here. Ugh, I can't decide.

Well, regardless of my feelings for both sides, I'm going to share a drinking game with you that I received from a friend last night. I think you should all participate in no matter where you watch the game. Just be sure to have plenty of cold ones in the fridge or at the bar ready to be chugged. Because of all the Tim Tebow hype, the easiest thing to do is play a Tim Tebow drinking game! And btw, I am pretty sure this game was strictly made for Tebow Haters, so I'm all about it. The announcers simply can't get enough of this kid so there's no doubt that you will be good and shnockered by half time, if not the first quarter. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...The Tebow SEC Championship Drinking Game!

Drink Every Time:
  • Tebow is called "a warrior"
  • Tebow is called "a leader", then salute
  • Tebow is called "a special athlete", then yell "Tiiimmmmmmmmmaaaayyyyyy!!"
  • Tebow points to the sky. Then realize the only reason the sky hasn't fallen yet is the strength of his pointing
  • Tebow is shown on the sidelines flapping his arms like a bird (or an idiot) to pump up the crowd
  • Tebow's on camera for no reason when the Florida defense is on the field
  • Tebow is seen screaming with his helmet off
  • They show an "I Heart Tebow" sign in the stands
  • You see a Florida fan in jorts (small sips on this one, it might kill you otherwise) (also, if you don't know what jorts are, stop reading my blog and don't read it again until you understand what these are)
Finish your drink
  • If the announcers suggest Tebow should win the Heisman again this year
Take a shot
  •  Every time they mention his experience as a missionary*
    • *If they mention him performing circumcisions in the Philippines while he was a missionary, Chug your beer and do a shot of Patron
Happy Friday everyone!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment