Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Watch This! Wednesday - TRUST FALL!

Happy hump day!!

Hope you all are having a glorious Wednesday like I am. Why is this Wednesday so glorious? Oh idk, probably because it's gorgeous outside, I have 2 days before I'm g-vegas bound and because it's WATCH THIS! Wednesday! Whatup!

Today's WTW is dedicated to a near and dear friend of mine, Daniel Tosh. Right, I WISH I was friends with that guy. If you all are not familiar with Daniel Tosh, he has a show on Comedy Central called Tosh.0, which is kind of like a funnier version of The Soup w/ Joel McHale, only it's for all things viral-video related as opposed to television. Today's video is kind of awesome, and I'll tell you why.
Did any of you go to summer camp as a kid and learn all about "team-building exercises" in order to really "bond your group" and make "friends for life" (or as I like to say, Biffles)? Sure you did! Who didn't? Unless you were that kid who was too concerned with Star Wars and Erector Sets to leave your room every day of summer, I'm sure that MOST of you went to summer camp and particiapated in these types of activities whether you wanted to or not. There were the ropes courses, getting your entire team from one end of the "snake pit" to the other without falling in, and then...there was the Trust Fall. The trust fall was probably one of the most thrilling slash scary activities of them all. Why? Because it actually involves trusting that people will catch you when you're falling backwards and cant see anything except the sky and/or trees above you. And you generally fall from about 4 or 5 feet high (maybe 6? idk), which isn't that high, but to fall back and essentially let your head drop from 9 feet (or higher) all the way to the ground can be a little scary. Well, Daniel Tosh found a viral video of a trust fall of some people at camp - the man falling looks like he's our parents age and it's kind of hard to see how old the kids are below him, but this brave man takes one for the team and has decided to Trust Fall on to people at least half his size and age, so Bravo to you, good sir! Daniel Tosh of course, becomes inspired by these trust falls and decides, wouldn't it be funny to trust fall on random people and see who can catch me (or even attempt to!)? And that, my friends, is today's WTW! Enjoy!



I'll be RULL honest with you and say that I think this is absolutely hilarious because I have the maturity of a 12 year old. I think we've been over that before. And while I appreciate dry sarcastic humor and wit above slap-stick comedy, this is still effing hilarious! And wouldn't you know, Daniel Tosh has inspired me to Trust Fall on random people this weekend and I cannot WAIT! So in addition to Drunk? Or a Kid? I'm going to make my friends Trust Fall with me on random people. When the booze is flowing and we have tigers in our tanks, I'm sure this will be one of our worst ideas ever, but hopefully one of us has a working video on our camera to record the action.

Well, that wraps it up for now kids. Hope you enjoyed WTW, be sure to check back here again for next week's viral video!

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment