Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Watch This! Wednesday - Glee Edition

Hey Kids,

Sorry I've been MIA this week. I don't really have a good excuse except that I'm lazy and didn't have much good material to blog about (read: I was hungover and couldn't think straight most of Monday, thanks to Sunday Funday and Theresa's birthday on Saturday, whatup!). And the evenings have been filled with frolicking around the office and yummy places like Goldfish. I also got to dabble in a little Yacht Rock (much to my surprise) last night and despite what most people believe, I do have some semblance of a life so I don't spend all of my time on this blog. But, have no fear because Watch This! Wednesday is here!

Last night I caught the season premiere of Glee and I was a little bit tipsy from enjoying Yacht Rock and 3 glasses of Pinot Grigio earlier in the evening. So I am not really sure why this came up at the end of the episode, but all I know is that I loved every second of it. Back-story: I grew up in the 80s and 90s and, like most young girls my age, I was introduced to Madonna by about the time I was 5 years old. I was too young to understand the lyrics of Like a Virgin, but Material Girl was a WHOLE other story. "The Immaculate Collection" is one of my all-time favorite albums, and 80s and early 90s Madonna was the best Madonna that ever existed. Ray of Light and that crap never should have surfaced on top 40 radio. We would all have been better people for never knowing that song, but alas, Madonna is one of those artists who continuously reinvents herself so she's managed to stick around with us and apparently will always be a part of our lives. (that was an extremely long sentence but, I don't care) But I digress...

Jane Lynch (aka Sue Sylvester on Glee) is a fabulous comedic actress. You may know her from 40 Year Old Virgin, as well as Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, and more recently Role Models and Julie & Julia (Julia Child's sister, Dorothy - did I just blow your mind there!? of course I did). She's also now the Cheerleading Coach of the Cheerios in Glee. And she's a hard-ass who hates Mr. Schuester and his Glee Club. She spends every episode trying to get his funding pulled and taking down the Glee Club but to no avail. Anyway, I know what you're thinking: What does Jane Lynch and your love for 80s & 90s Madonna have to do with one another? Well, I'll tell you - better yet, let me SHOW you! Hit'it Sue!



I mean, just, wow. Sue Sylvester/Jane Lynch has to be one of they dykiest (is that a word) looking people in the world and somehow she pulled off Madonna here! A much taller, "softer-bodied" version of Madonna, but Madonna, nonetheless. I was dying laughing when I saw this because Jane Lynch always plays kind of butch characters AND she's against the Glee Club/Singing! Crazy right? Haha, I thought this was done extremely well. Not quite the riotous laugh that The Harvard Sailing Team evoked in me, but still worth watching a couple of times.

So there it is. Happy WTW kids! I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did. Check back here next week to see what's new!

hollllllla!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment