Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Punchline

So I'm going to go ahead and apologize for yesterday's post. I'll be real honest with you guys. I have hardly slept in 4 nights until last night. I don't think I went to bed before 3:00am on Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. And Sunday night I wasn't in bed til almost midnight. And I think I was just completely out of it and I hardly remember writing yesterday's entry. And I had probably one of the least productive days at work imaginable. And I have no one to blame but myself for that.

So today, I have come up with a MUCH better topic to write about - and that's what I did Friday night. Friday night I went to a comedy show for the first time ever. And it. was. epic! Sophia had emailed me mid-week last week and was like "we gotta go to The Punchline on Friday night and see this comedian Sugar Sammy! He's awesome, he's really attractive and he's heeelarious!" So I figured, why not? right? So Friday was my day off (Thank you Jesus for dying for our sins.) and Sophia and Leigh and I went to Leigh's pool for the afternoon. Had a couple margs, layed out, read some magazines, discussed sexting and soaked up the sun. A few other people came and joined us at the pool, all was right with the world and then Soph and I went back to her place to get ready for the show. We ended up at one of the front tables -- and if you've never been to a comedy show, you want to sit at one of the front tables because the comedian is much more likely to interact with you since he'll be abl to see your face -- so I'm pretty stoked about this show. So we go with about 8 other people and this guy was absolutely freaking hilarious! He was a Canadian Indian, extremely attractive and was absolutely hilarious! I mean, RIGHT up my alley (because we all know how the way to my heart is by making me laugh -- cough cough, Ryan Reynolds, cough cough, NPH, etc). He was making racial jokes, jokes about dogs v cats (wonder which side I was on, right!) and dogs v women, and he totally hit on Sophia (apparently living at home with the parents is a turn-on for Indian men, ha)! He talked about all the great and not-so-great parts of Atlanta that he's gotten to experience and - being an Atlanta native - I pretty much didn't stop laughing the entire time he was on stage. And we met him afterwards and he was so charming in person. But an attractive male comedian kind of has the same stigma as a male musician - he's probably got a different girl in every city/state right? However, digits were exchanged between Sugar Sammy and Sophia's sister. Bow-chicka-bow-wow! Amiright? Actually I have no idea if anything has progressed since Friday night - they actually had met another time before Friday night so...there's that.

Anyway, I highly suggest you check out his gig if he comes to your city - he's worth it! And he makes me want to really consider comedy writing.

Sha-la-la!

No comments:

Post a Comment