Monday, February 14, 2011

Could my Gaggle be Evolving this Valentine's Day?

Well this is absolutely NOT what I expected to happen this Valentine's Day. There's a new guy in my gaggle as of Friday night around 2am. I know what you're thinking. 2am. Friday night. Hmm...isn't it true that nothing good ever happens after 2am? But you'd be wrong. I know what else you might be thinking and no, I didn't make any poor decisions. I only exchanged numbers with a tall attractive man and he may or may not end up being a key player in my gaggle pretty soon.

After attending a charity party Friday evening, I went to see my friend's band play at Andrew's Upstairs. Pretty par for the course for me. Anytime this band plays, I try to make it to their show because they're just that awesome. Anyway, after the band was done I went downstairs to grab a drink with Nikki where I ended up meeting Air Force Guy. Air Force Guy was tall, blonde and attractive from what I remembered. To be totally honest, it was kind of a blur. But the good news is, I was smart enough to exchange numbers with him before Nikki dragged me out of the bar to head home. In the car, I decided I'd text him something short and sweet because, let's be honest, I thought about 10 different guys were cute that night and I wanted to remember which guy was which that I actually gave my number to. So I simply stated: "Is this the guy I just bummed a cig from. Kinda drunk so don't judge." Approximately 30 seconds after that I passed out in Nikki's roommate's bed. When I woke up the next morning, I had 1 text from Air Force Guy. Simply stating "I think this may be that guy." at 7:49am.

Crap. Who in their right mind is up at 7:49am on a Saturday? There are only two types of people: Athletes and people who work on Saturdays. I remembered AF Guy being tall and buff so I thought, maybe he's an athlete, but i honestly doubt it. He's probably at work. Which means he might have a crappy job (I know this isn't necessarily the case but I was still kind of drunk at the time I had this thought process). Hmm, well why not just respond and find out a little more about this guy. So I do. Despite all my raving about hating texting as the primary form of communication, I texted with him for a little while Saturday morning. And then I invited him to Oysterfest because honestly, I wanted to recognize him, remember him and find out more about him. The texts were flirty and I was going to O-fest w/ a bunch of friends. What better way to meet someone in a not-so-sketchy-way than in a group setting? Lucky for me, he took the bait.

AF Guy is one tall drink of water. He's got that strong Brad Womack jaw line. He claims to be 6'4" but I'm really bad at judging people's heights. He works out, and it shows. He's sweet, he's charming, and he spent a few years in the Air Force (hence the name I've given him, AF Guy). He's definitely different than anyone I've ever dated but I think I want to date him. Or at least let him into my gaggle. Saturday evening took an interesting turn (but that story is for another day), but I think he's proven himself to me enough for me to at least let him buy me dinner some time. Do I expect to hear from him on Valentine's day? No. But do I expect to hear from him later this week? Absolutely.

In past experience, I can say that probably by this time next week, I'll be adding 2 more guys to my gaggle, because when it rains, it usually pours. But maybe this time will be different. Maybe I'll manage to balance just one main player in the gaggle for a while. Updates will be posted as things progress. So check back!

And happy valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment