Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 1 of re-evaluation: success

So yesterday was the first real day that I put into action my new mindset and goals of this new life of mine. Not only did I eat healthily and work out for an hour, I also abstained from alcohol, didn't drunk dial and made it to bed at a decent hour! Yeah bitches. That's right! What do you mean "uhh it was a Tuesday"? Who cares if drinking and drunk dialing aren't already a part of my Tuesday routine? The point is, I abstained. And I beat myself to a bloody pulp last night at the gym. Seriously, I was exhausted but I kept pushing to burn those few extra calories. And dammit, I did a great job if I do say so myself. Sure I may have sweated buckets and wanted to kill myself by the end, but that just means it's working, right? Right.

My mind is officially wrapped around this new lifestyle and I cannot wait to work out again tonight and NOT drink. So what if I don't normally drink during the week anyway, I'm still making the conscious decision not to do so again. And that's important. The real kicker...I know...will be this weekend. Can I abstain from alcohol BOTH weekend nights? I know I can do at least one night no problem, but staying home 2 nights of the weekend? that just seems wrong. But I'm going to do it. I'm going to run myself ragged with working out that I'll want to sleep at 8pm and not move til morning (hopefully).

Wish me luck as my muscles begin to truly ache over the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment