Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring's coming early and I'm holding on to my resolutions

Who else is excited? I know I am. The groundhog didn't see his shadow yesterday which means that we get an early spring! Which is totally awesome! Because with an early spring, that means the spring festivals will actually be worth attending because we won't be freezing our ta-tas off while trying to enjoy some quality day-drinking. Oysterfest is right around the corner, then there's the early Sham(Yacht) Rock Festival the first weekend in March, followed by the actual St Patty's day celebration. Before you know it, Steeplechase and the Derby will be making their annual appearances and all of a sudden it's SUMMER!

I, for one, am so ready for the warm weather! Plus, once the warm weather is here, my body will be bangin' and I'll actually have some color on my legs again. Or at least, these are my hopes. As you know, I'm blogging about my new weight loss/diet plan here. I'm already down 7.2 lbs and I expect to be down 15 lbs by mid-March. Then I'll only have about 10 lbs to go and all will be right with the world. This is one New Year's Resolution I'm going to KEEP. Most people have let them fall by the wayside by February 1. Not me. I'm going strong. And you remember last year's resolution to pay off my credit card bill? Well, that wasn't really realistic last year, but this year. That's another story. I could totally have it all paid by December! What an amazing feeling that would be, right? I'm also starting a Roth IRA this year and you better believe I'm contributing to that thing every 3 months.

Things are good. I feel awesome about where things are headed right now. Thank you Groundhog.

No comments:

Post a Comment