Friday, January 14, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2k11?? Wedding Weekend AND Return of the Sexter

Or do you prefer Snomageddon? Unless you've been stuck under a stupid rock, or under a pile full of snow, you're probably well aware that this week Atlanta got hit with a snowstorm. As did the rest of the country, minus the panhandle. Yep, Florida was the ONLY state in the US that had no snow on the ground as of Wednesday (including Hawaii). That is some effed up shit. Hawaii??? Seriously??? I didn't know that state could actually GET snow. Anyway, so yeah, I've been a little lax on the blog-end of life. For no real reason. I never lost power, Lord knows I didn't work ALL week from home. So what gives, right? Truth be told: I'm lazy. And had a lot of good TV to catch up on. My b.

So I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats wondering how the wedding went last weekend. Well, the long and short of it: I stayed on point! I came home with 16 weekly points remaining - and that's being generous! I think that's probably because I stuck to drinking at this wedding instead of eating. Which isn't the smartest thing in the world but, it worked. I loaded up my plate at the wedding with fruit (zero points, thank you very much), a few cocktail shrimp (3 of these bad boys is a point), a slice of filet mignon (2 oz = 5 pts), a few cheese squares (no crackers) and 1 baby quiche that totally wasn't worth it. and then...I drank. No champagne - too sweet and doesn't get the job done. Nope, I went straight for the vodka. And it was glorious. Sure 5 liquor drinks and 2 beers ended up being 24 points, but that's ok! I danced so I got some activity points, and Lord knows I hadn't eaten all of my daily points before I hit the hard stuff. Totally worth it.

The wedding itself was beautiful. Halle was absolutely gorgeous (of course), Stuart and I took a trip down Nostalgia Lane (for the 3rd time in about 3 months) and when we finally made it to the bars, we had the time of our lives. And yes, that is a Dirty Dancing and Black Eyed Peas reference. Because we heard the BEP version at the wedding and the real version at a bar later. It was perfection. I don't know what it is about Stuart but he will always, for the rest of my life, have a special place in my heart. Words cannot describe how amazing he is. Not only is he my GBF but he's someone I can absolutely never lie to. We always pick up right where we left off. And now he's moving up north, during Snowmageddon 2K11 to continue his theatre career and I just know he's going to knock it out of Wrigley Field. ::sigh::

Ok, but enough about that. In addition to having a spectacular weekend in Charlotte, I came home to some not so spectacular text messages. Former Sexter and I have been texting this past week - not sexting, just texting. He's in town. And wants to see me. Buutttt, I'm not so sure I want to see him. The last time that Sexter and I got together lead to a hot make-out sesh but the fuck buck stopped there. As I've mentioned before, all the sexting makes you want to make the things you say a reality, but the truth of the matter is, I'm not that attracted to him. And it's not that he's not an attractive guy, but he's just not someone I see myself with. Like, ever. He looks great on paper, I'd probably say he's a mix between the "prospect I'm not sure is a prospect" category and the "ego booster" category. And even though I'm positive he's not a prospect, I suppose I'm letting him be a prospect if I go meet up with him, right? He's a really sweet guy, and is always complimenting me without me fishing for it, but it's almost a "nice guys finish last" type of thing. But he's really not what some people would consider a "nice guy". He's nice to me, but I think that's just because he wants to get in my pants. And truthfully, based on our sexting in the past, he doesn't fit the profile of a "nice guy" which makes me not want him either. It's like he has this nice façade up, but I see through it and don't want any part of it. I think I just can't tell if he's genuine about anything he says. Do you know this type of guy? All the flattery sounds too good to be true and I totally keep my guard up. I know that if I go and meet up with him, we'll have a great time, he'll fill me in on his latest romantic conquests on the west coast, he'll be super flirty and he WILL try to kiss me at the end of the night, probably even try to come home with me and I just don't want that. At all. The texting has been pretty tame (thank GOD) but he will start saying things that are meant to be sweet but "naughty" at the same time and I'm going to want to rub my face on a cheese grater. I think part of the problem is, he doesn’t live here. He’s in town for 3 weeks and then he’s gone for 10 months. I don’t want to be his Atlanta booty call. No thank you. And truthfully, no, we wouldn’t date if he was living here year round either. Which I think is why I don’t want to be his booty call when he is in town.

He wants to hang tonight since I've been buried in my apartment all week, and I know we'll have a semi-good time. But when the end of the night rolls around, that's when things will get uncomfortable. I feel like I'm going to have to have that conversation where I say "You're really sweet and nice but I just don't have those feelings for you." How hard is that to say? Any advice? Much appreciated…

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I need to have a full on convo with you about this because I am in the same boat and it is just AWKWARD.

    ReplyDelete