Friday, January 7, 2011

Look Who Lost a BUNCH of Weight? I think that's what I'm shootin for...


So! First week at WW - well first week back I should say. I did WW back in 2008 and lost a bunch of weight (about 20 lbs) but I never really reached my lifetime goal and kind of got slack after a while. But it's a new year, and I'm ready to roll here (or get rid of my rolls actually), so on to the agenda. I am about to face my first big challenge: my best friend's sister's wedding.

This Saturday one of my best friends in the world slash my first boyfriend back in high school, Stuart, is going to be in his sister's wedding. For those of you who have done WW for a while, or done it in the past, you probably know how terribly dreadful weddings can be when it comes to staying on point. The food is all so yummy and you have no real clue how many points (or points plus) you're indulging in. It can be quite overwhelming. A slice of cake alone probably has something like 8 or 9 points, and let's not forget about all of those yummy little hors d'oeuvres that get passed around before the bride and groom even make their entrance. And who could forget our little friend Champagne. Or any other alcoholic beverage being served at the wedding for that matter.

To make matters worse, the wedding is in Charlotte, which is bad on 2 fronts.
  1. It's an out of town wedding for a girl who is 4 years younger than me, which means I won't really know that many people. Mix this with the fact that I'm single and that Stuart is IN the wedding, therefore not available at my beckon call to dance and cut up with. This all adds up to an awkward "I'm single, don't know anyone and some creeper is asking me to dance so I'm going to drink a lot" scenario. Or perhaps even worse (in my overweight state): "I'm single, no one is asking me to dance, I feel fat so I'm going to have this 3rd glass of wine to forget about my problems" scenario.
  2. The second reason why this wedding being in Charlotte is a bad thing: I have 2 close friends who live in Charlotte and am going up a night early to spend some time with them. Why is this bad, you ask? Primarily because Serena makes this delicious Pepperoni Bread every time I come in town and the smell alone is probably worth 2 points. And my other friend Ted is always wanting to grab drinks when I'm in Charlotte (not that I haven't wanted to as well but...it doesn't exactly make "saving my points" an easy task for Saturday).
Now before you say anything, I know that I have my weekly points to work with and I'm forever greatful for that! I've got 43 left for this whole weekend. The problem is that this is my FIRST week back at WW, and I don't really know that much about the pointsplus value of alcohol and I don't have the system down well enough to guesstimate what I eat at the wedding. So I'm trying to plan ahead. I'm going to limit myself and try to eat something healthy before the wedding so that I'm not ravenous by the time the buffet opens up. I'm just really nervous that I'm going to fuck everything up on my first week and come Monday evening, I'll be up higher than I was last week. Ugh, that's the worst feeling ever! I suppose I just need to keep that in the front of my mind - that awful feeling I'll have if I fuck up.

If anyone has any lovely suggestions on how to stay away from the food for my weekend getaway at my best friend's sister's wedding, please feel free to comment! I welcome them :)

Side note, my bestie who lives in San Fran, and I are going to be starting a weight loss blog with quite a twist to it...it's not created yet but I'll be linking over to it in the future so stay tuned to find out WHY we want to lose weight in 2011. It's delicious. And amazing. And you don't want to miss it! It's going to be riddled with Depressing Motivations of the Day like "A homeless man called me a fat-ass" and a "where are they now?" about some of our favorite childhood heart-throbs, among other things. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment