Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WTW: Boys will be Girls Part TWO

Hey guys,

Sorry i've been so MIA for the last week. I celebrated my birthday from Wednesday through the wee hours of the morning on Sunday and woke up feeling deathly ill on Sunday. Haven't been at work for 2 days and am finally back in the office. I know you've missed me dearly and I've thought of many ways to make it up to you for the remainder of the week, including sexual favors, baking cookies and lying on my couch in my underwear watching The Hills marathon now that the series is over for GOOD. (the last one I may or may not have done all day yesterday).

Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that I am a HUGE Harvard Sailing Team fan. And if you think I'm talking about the actual sailing team at the university then you clearly don't read my blog.
 So allow me to recap: The Harvard Sailing Team is a sketch comedy group in NYC that is comprised of nine 20-something sketch/improv actors who are all close friends from college. None of them attended Harvard but they deem themselves as a sketch comedy group that likes to wear argyle sweater vests and make "clean" jokes. So you're not going to find any Chris Tucker or Aziz Anssari humor here - not to say those guys aren't funny - but HST just finds the wit and humor in every-day subjects that could be understood by a PG13 crowd instead of an R-rated one, but truly appeal to all ages. I recently got to meet and see-in-action, TWO of the HST members while I was visiting in LA, Chris and Rebecca (The New York Smiths). They performed at the UCB Theatre in LA and were abolutely hilarious!

So as I mentioned earlier, I've been under the weather for the last 2+ days so this morning, I had lots of catch-up work to do. And by catch-up work, I mean I had to check all of my social networks and blogs I follow on a daily basis. In doing so, I saw HST recently tweeted that they've posted a rebuttal to their Boys will be Girls video that essentially has launched their team to new heights over the last 3+ months. They've made appearances on CBS, they've WON the Friars Club Improv/Sketch Comedy competition (a $10K prize to create their own short) for Best Sketch Comedy and they reached over a million hits last week for their Boys Will Be Girls video. Cosmopolitan even did a write up on them (say what you will about Cosmo = great journalism...they have a  LOT of readers). So...without further adieu...I give you the sequel to the Harvard Sailing Team's Boys will be Girls!



Happy WTW everyone! Have a great day!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment