Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Watch This! Wednesday - Return from Vacay

Thank you Beach Boys. I just got back from a FABULOUS trip to the west coast and I absolutely, with every fiber of my being, did NOT want to return home. First of all, my bestie Sophia lives out there. I had absolutely the best time ever! Got to do some shopping on Rodeo Drive, saw the Walk of Fame, ate at pinkberry, went to Santa Monica, went to Laguna Beach and saw where Kristen and Steven used to have all their "special talks", saw the NY Smiths (who were HILARIOUS) and lots more. I bought a new purse and some new clothes (LA's H&M's are so much better than Atlantas!) and am officially broke as a joke. But it was worth it. Sooooo worth it.


But more on that later! I have lots of work to catch up on. And I wanted so badly to leave you with a WTW: Vacation clip from another favorite show of mine, 30 Rock...you know, the one where Liz and Floyd (Tina Fey and Jason Sudeikis) take a vacation together and decide they want to move to Cleveland because everything there is better than where they live (vacation mentality, whatup) and then finally realize that vacation land is only better because it's a vacation and it's not actually what it would be like if you lived there? Great episode but when searching for it I stumbled across THIS clip that I'd rather leave you with:



YES, THAT IS CHRIS SMITH OF THE HARVARD SAILING TEAM!!!!!!!!!! How effing cool is that??? He got to freaking WORK with TINA FEY!!!!! oh em gee I would absolutely DIE if I ever get to do that one day. That would be the single-most greatest day of my life. Screw my imaginary wedding day that is apparently never going to happen because the men in this city are over-rated and unimpressive (sorry guys, lots of disappointment recently) slash I don't know what I want. If I got to meet Tina Fey and WORK with her on 30 Rock or SNL or ANYTHING she ever does, I would die a happy woman. And it also must be said - since I'm leaving you with a clip that contains an HST team-member, that I did, in fact get to meet Chris and Rebecca before their show at the UCB Theater, and they were such an adorably cute and sweet couple! I was a little flustered and got kind of embarrassingly giddy when I saw them walking up the street, holding their coffees--like any other couple walking down the street would be--but they were very greatful that we were fans and wanted to see their show! You would have thought I'd seen freakin' R Pattz or George Clooney the way I was shakingly excited (and yes I'm well aware that those two don't belong on the same playing field but I would probably pass out if I met either of them so they're the same on MY playing field).

And I felt a little ridiculous because 1) when you compare them to A-list actors, these two are definitely not what a normal person would consider famous (but I will say that I found out their Boys Will Be Girls video hit over 1 million views a day or so ago! so they're famous in the viral video world!) and 2) 2 out of 4 of my friends didn't know much/anything about the Harvard Sailing Team. But I think I was so excited to meet them and be in their presence and see a live show because they are real people doing what I want to do! (at least the writing part of it) Comedy is my lover and it was soooo inspiring to see them actually perform a live show that they've written themselves. And it was GOOD - like hilariously funny! and very well performed! It was clever and smart and believable and funny. A++ in my book.

Anyway, congrats to Chris for being talented enough to make a guest appearance on 30 Rock! Hope you readers enjoyed WTW - tomorrow I'll write more about all the fabulousness that WAS Los Angeles! Happy Hump Day!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment